1. FINDING OUT WE ARE A TEAM- you are not here, so you can not possibly understand what it's like living with a child who won't sleep. The only person who "semi-gets-it" is Eric. He is strong when I am weak and visa versa. We would not have made it through the past twenty months if it wasn't for the strength we've found in each other. I often tell Eric that one day we'll look back on this season of our lives and say," WE DID IT." No parents here to help, two careers to balance, and a thousand things to juggle and we'll make it. Somehow, someway...TOGETHER!!
2. LEARNING TO TRUST GOD- we are made perfect in our weakness. I don't know about you, but I am never closer to God than when I am on my knees. In this season, I am learning to lean on Him in new ways and to trust Him to sustain me.
3. BUILDING MY TESTIMONY- one day I'll sit down with an exhausted, young momma fighting her hyper toddler, and without words I'll know exactly what to do. I'll be able to encourage her in a way that no one else can. I'll know her heart, her insecurities and fears. I'll be able to not only watch her little one so she can sleep, I'll refresh her soul and be a constant support.
4. THANKING GOD FOR DAYCARE- I always swore that I would never be the mom who sent her child to daycare...never! Now, I'm not only forever grateful to Eli's caregivers for nurturing him when I'm not there, I am thankful for their services so that on days like this I can go home to rest.
5. UNDERSTANDING THE POWER OF UNCONDITIONAL LOVE- I knew that once I became a mother I would love without limits in ways I could never have understood before. Despite the exhaustion, frustration and endless agony of sleep deprivation NOTHING could ever stop me from loving this sweet face.
I know it's not much, but on days like this joy is a CHOICE. As hard as it may be I am choosing to find happiness in this season of restlessness...even if I have to throw a hissy fit first! ha!