I don't really know where this is all going but I was thinking back to when I got my start in news. It was always so exciting and so glamours, but sadly somewhere along the way it became routine.
Between my internship, first reporting job and my anchor position I have seen and done some awesome things!
1. Met Tony from Dancing with the Stars.
2. Interviewed two governors, a Supreme Court Judge and countless politicians.
3. Seen insane wrecks, devastating fires, and murder investigations.
4. Experienced zip lining, the Corvette Museum, state lakes, and awesome food.
5. Held babies, stood in the pin with cows, and petted kangaroos.
6. Picked the brains of doctors, lawyers, teachers, designers, and chefs.
7. Sneezed, hick-upped, coughed and laughed on air.
Sometimes the monotony of every day life gets to me, and somewhere in the shuffle of pre-dawn air times, tight deadlines, and the general hustled and bustle of television I take for granted the amazing opportunity I have been given. I don't want to ever take my position lightly because I was blessed with having my dream become a reality.
It's said if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life...that's me. There are days I don't want to get out of the bed, but there is NEVER a day I dread going to work itself. This post isn't to brag or seem pushy. It's to remind me of this blessed career I have had the opportunity to take part.
I promise to be better at showing you the pictures and of some of my more exciting pieces!!