This year my word it "stewardship." I want to be a better steward of everything the Lord has blessed me with including my relationship with Him, my role as a wife and mother, my health, my time, and my finances. So, here are my "goals" based on my word for the year.
1. To Fall More Deeply In Love With Christ: I don't think it is ever ok to become complacent in our walks with the Lord. Last year I resolved to have a more consistent quiet time. I don't want to simply check that off my list. I want to build on that. I want to fall more in love with my Savior this year. I want to be so blinded by His light that everything else (including the rest of my list) will grow dim! If this is my priority, everything else will fall into place, or it simply won't matter.
2. To Make Eli Sleep: He's actually doing much better, so this could be narrowed a bit by working on a better bedtime routine....like one that actually works!
3. Become A Better Stewart Of My Finances: We don't believe in credit cards, but we aren't quite ready to jump on the Dave Ramsey wagon yet. We want to be completely debt free, but to be frank, childcare is WAY too expensive. So for now, we will continue to live within our means and work more on the savings part!
4. To Stick To A Routine: I actually did a lot better with this toward the end of the year, so I want to build on it. Because we both work and live so far out in the country, our schedule is pretty predictable. It's the "chores" that I want to be more routine about.
Wednesday: Play Date & Church
Thursday: Clean Car & Mommy/Son Day
Friday: Pay Bills
Saturday: Fun Day
Sunday: Grooming Day (Nails, Waxing, ect.)
5. To Run A Mini Marathon: Let's face it. I have really struggled with my weight, so I want to focus on something else this year. I have always loved to run but never actually done a race. I think this goal will give me something to push toward with tangible results. Plus, it has major benefits like WEIGHT LOSS! I already have a 3K, 5K, 10K and Mini Marathon picked out and on the calendar. With October being the big month!!