Skip to main content

Eric Got A Nose Job...Sorta

It has been an interesting 24 hours.  It started yesterday morning when I met Eric at the ENT to examine the softball's handiwork.  As luck would have it, an interview ran long which left me racing around town to get to the appointment.  

Upon arriving we discovered that Eric's nose had not one, but three...THREE...breaks in it!  Well, you can imagine my surprise when the doctor adjusted two of the spots right there in his office...sans medicine!  Ya'll I have a strong stomach, but let me tell you that blood, poop and puke have nothing on the sound of bone cracking.  Had I eaten that morning I would have lost my breakfast...Insert gagging sound!!

The third break required "surgery."  This meant a quick race home to drop off one of the cars and a super-fast breakfast.  Oh yeah, and a billion calls back and forth with work to arrange for our unexpected afternoon.  

We made it the hospital only to discover that we were in the wrong spot, so we hiked to the opposite end of the building only to get sent back to where we had originally started.  Let me tell you what, after getting less than four hours of sleep, jogging across the hospital campus while wearing stiletto heels was not amusing. especially when we ended up having to wait anyway. In addition to this confusion, hospitals don't use names anymore, instead they assign patients numbers...who knew?  That's all fine and dandy, but Eric's number didn't jive with what the doctors were given...rhh!

I'll spare you the frustrating details that may or may not result in a call to the hospital administrator, but let me say that six LONG and did I mention FRUSTRATING hours later, we were headed home.  

Here is one last "before" shot.  I took this while watching my third episode of "Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader."  I think I could get hooked on that show, which really says a lot about my state of boredom during those six FRUSTRATING hours.

This is coming out of surgery, sporting his new nose.  I know this is mean, but I had to include one final picture below.  Eric was feeling pretty good thanks to all the meds.  I'm sure the glassy eyes give him away, but ya'll, he sure was proud of that Sprite.  I was cracking up!

We left the hospital and went straight to get Eli from daycare.  We made it home in enough time to pack before Tina and Owen came to pick up Little Man.  I hated to leave him, but we needed the rest.  Plus, we had no way to get him daycare again the next morning.  What did we do with our free time you ask?  Well, we watched a movie and went to bed!  It was nice to have a full night sleep even if Eric's nose had to take one for the team...ha!


Popular posts from this blog

A New Decade

Happy 2020, everyone!  I know I'm a month and a half behind, but ya'll, January was brutal!  Not brutal in a tragic kind of way but in a "life will wear you out" kind of way. It started off with the flu...times three!  Eric, Ellie and I had Flu B and missed the first week back to school and work.  Then Eli was diagnosed with Flu A two weeks later.  Thankfully, my in-laws stepped in to help so that we didn't have to miss any more time at work. On top of the sickness, we listed our house for sale. The work it takes getting ready for market is just crazy. But we also have people coming in and out of our home at all hours and it's just kinda overwhelming. Plus, we are finalizing everything with the builder. In full transparency, working with the builder has been the easiest part! Maybe I'll do a little update on the whole building process later this week.  Now that the dust has settled on 2020, I'm going to try my very hardest to keep this litt

Mother's Day Memories

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I want to start by saying that my heart and prayers go out to the "Mommies in Waiting" and to those who are missing their Momma on this special day.  You are not forgotten. We started Mother's Day at church with our crew, and we were lucky enough to be in the nursery.  We let Eli tag along, and he helped facility "Derby Races" around the table while the kids were on riding toys.  It was a hoot!  We also made cards for the mommies. We had some leftovers at home for lunch and then I spent some time laying out while Eric worked on the pool.  It was almost 90 degrees and the perfect way to relax on my special day! Eric made me a shrimp boil for dinner, and we took a family trip to Dairy Queen.  They also have presents coming later this week for me.  Basically, they are awesome!

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Have I ever told you that Eli loves sports?  Ha!  I look back at him with baseballs and basketballs at 18 months old ,and it blows my mind that he's still so interested.   The thing is, he doesn't discriminate.  Baseball, basketball, football, name it, we play it! Not only do we play sports all day, we also have to watch certain videos on Youtube.   We watch "Boys of Fall," while wearing a football helmet. We watch Alabama's "Cheap Seats,"  John Fogerty's"Centerfield," and Kenny Rogers,  "The Greatest" while holding a bat, carrying a ball, and wearing a batting helmet. And now, thanks to Space Jam, we have to listen to the movie sound track while shooting hoops!  That's a blast from the past! He hasn't found a song about soccer or golf...YET! And with all that playing, who has time to run inside for a potty break?  Not this boy! I never thought