It's been almost a week since my last post, and so much has happened in the time frame. I had a birthday, we went to Lexington, attended TWO showers, picked out my bridemaids dress, and have had some great success at the gym. I'll update you on those things soon enough, but for today a short little post...you're about to see why:
1. I'm Exhausted!! Between Ellie's growth spurt last week and cutting teeth this week, I'm not getting a ton of rest.
2. That's right, my THREE month old is getting a tooth. I guess she's gonna be an overachiever. Ha!
3. I've been in the weirdest mood all week, and in the wee hours of the morning I realized that sleep deprivation is to blame. Imagine that!
4. Actually, some prayers would be greatly appreciated. I'm by no means depressed, but I can feel the downward spiral starting. (if you're new to this blog, I suffered from postpartum depression that was induced by a severe lack of sleep. At least that's what the doctors say.)
5. Knowing these tendencies, I've been trying to rest as much as possible. I'm actually headed home for a nap this afternoon.
6. In all honesty, Ellie is still a great sleeper. Even with the bumps we've hit the past two weeks, she's still up, fed and back down in less than 30 minutes. I really can't complain.
6. On a more positive note, I have been running this week. I'm getting to the point where I enjoy it again.
7. I'm gonna try to get a run in again today, but that nap is a little higher up on the "to do" list.
8. Also on the "to do" list...a date!! I've been craving some time alone with Eric. We try to eat lunch together at least once a week, but I would much appreciate a real date. You know, the ones where you get dressed up, go out to dinner and maybe even see a movie.
9. I guess an early bedtime for the kiddos and Redbox rental for us will have to do. And you know what? I'm ok with that. One day we'll look back on this season of our marriage with a fondness.
10. I guess I could some up this post by saying that the Lord is teaching me this week to be content in him. Whether I have tons of rest or little, whether I'm a size 2 or 22, whether I'm on a fancy date or snuggled up on the couch with my hubby, this is beautiful season of life, and I do not want to miss it.