Thursday, December 19, 2013

Shop 'Til You Drop

As promised, I charged the camera and took it along with us for our errands yesterday.  It actually started off weird because we kept Eli home from daycare one more day.  My biggest pet peeve is when people knowingly contaminate other kids with germs.  I get it.  It's hard to get off work, balance schedules, ect.  We don't and never have had a problem with the daycare we've used for the past three years which is one of the many, many blessing about it. I could write an entire post about how wonderful our daycare family is...we love them!!  However, our last daycare facility was another story, and it landed Eli in the hospital with a bad virus...twice.

All of that to say, I don't take chances.  Eli was sick Monday, so he stayed home Tuesday for the sake of other kids in his class.  Sharing toys, eating together, and napping next to one another is just too risky when it comes to spreading germs, so after work I went home to stay with the kids.  Ellie had a doctor's appointment, and since both kiddos seemed to be in good health I decided to run a few errands while we were out.  After all, Eli wouldn't be close to other kids, and I had kept him home only as a precaution.

As luck would have it, both of them fell asleep on the way to our appointment.  Unfortunately, they slept all of 20 minutes before they woke up in the waiting room.  As you can imagine, they weren't in the best spirits. I'm proud to report that Ellie is healthy.  She is in the 45% for weight and 85% for height. It was also nice hearing that she needs the middle of the night feeding she has failed to drop.  As much as I hate getting up, I'm glad to know that it's needed.

After the appointment, we went to Khol's to buy my brother in law and sister in law gifts.  Ellie had a meltdown, so we left pretty quickly.  I fed her in the car and was confident that Wal Mart would go much better.  It did not.  Eli picked out gifts for Ellie, Eric and daycare.  He was less than thrilled that he did not get to purchase a gift for himself.  UGH!!

So we left.  Both kids fell asleep in the car which meant that I was able to run to the bank and pay a bill without whining from the backseat.  I took full advantage of "my mommy timeout" by getting a $2 Subway Sandwich and Diet Coke (SCORE!!!).  I sat in an empty parking lot listening to Christmas music and eating while they napped.  It was awesome.

Originally I was not going to wrap gifts this year.  I hate wrapping.  I suck at it.  It takes way too much time.  And I was pretty confident that Ellie would destroy all my hard work anyway.  I guess my little parking lot vacation refreshed me because I got a wild hair and started wrapping when we got home.  I'm pretty particular and usually go through great pains to make sure my packages match and have real bows. Well, last year, I did store bought bows for the first time ever, and I hadn't bought paper this year so none of the present match or have bows.  Ha!

The kids were pretty worn out from all the festivities, but before baths and bed we decided to show them a message from Santa.  If you haven't be sure to use Portable North Pole.  It's a free internet site that allows you to upload pictures and customize a message to your child from Santa.  It's awesome!!

Day one was a success.  I am so excited about the Christmas program at church tonight.  I can't wait to show you pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment